125 N. College Avenue
123 and 125 N. College Avenue together comprise the Howe Building. The building contains impressive pressed metal trim, a sunburst frieze and heavy scrolled window hoods. It was restored in 1996 and a large sign that once obscured the front of the building was removed.
Prior to that, the Ben Franklin variety store opened in the location sometime in the 1970's, but the building was apparently vacant for many years after the Metropolitan closed down.
Current Resident: Scholar's Inn Bakehouse Bagels (2003 - )
Former businesses at this location:
- Ben Franklin (1970's - 2003)
- Metropolitan (1930's) A chain department store)
- Campbell & Co. (1920's) Dry Goods
- Asher Labertew's tavern and tailor shop in the late 1800's.