Talk:School of Informatics and Computing
All of this happened long after I left, and the wiki-fu of this would be weird, but the 10th and Woodlawn building was the Alpha Omicron Pi house (Informatics West) and the east part is the Beta house, with some sort of connecting thing between the two. --Jkonrath (talk) 18:21, 20 March 2019 (EDT)
My Head Hurts
I was going to start digging through this, but this is a huge TODO list and I don't know where to start (also lazy):
- The AoPI/Beta House building, according to wikipedia: "On September 24, 2019, it was announced that the Informatics building on the IU-Bloomington campus would be re-named "Myles Brand Hall" in recognition of the "pathbreaking contributions that Brand made to the university and its academic core.”"
- What used to be SLIS merged into this school.
- Also Wikipedia: "In August 2017, the name of the School of Informatics and Computing on the Bloomington campus was officially changed to the School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering (SICE) following the addition of a new major in Intelligent Systems Engineering."
- In October 2019, add a Luddy to the front of that, so it's the Luddy SICE now.
- And it includes IUPUI, too.
- Luddy Hall (the new thing north of this, where the Collins annex was) is the new headquarters.
- I think this means what was the original school in 2000 before the mergers is now considered the Department of Informatics, but I don't know.
So maybe we need a page on the school, and page(s) for the buildings?