Lee Williams is a co-founder of the Lotus World Music and Arts Festival. He started DJ'ing at Bullwinkle's nightclub in the late 70's and helped co-found the Second Story live music venue above Bull's. He worked as the booking manager at Second Story for a year, then went on to book for Jake's. In 1994, he, along with James Combs and Shahyar Daneshgar, helped organize the original Lotus Festival. He is currently the Executive Director/Artistic Director of the festival.
Born in New Albany, Indiana, Williams' family moved around a lot when his Air Force father was re-assigned. He credits his varied experiences in other cultures with his passion for diverse world music.
- Perry, J.J.: "Changes in store for Second Story", Herald Times, (3 December 1999)
- Coonce, David: "The return of second story", Herald Times, (12 February 2004)
- Romano, Aja: "Bullwinkle's takes its act upstairs to Second Story", Herald Times, (20 March 2003)
- Mills, Kathleen: "Lotus world music & arts festival", Herald Times, (29 September 1996)
- Hamm, Alison. "Lotus Foundation brings people together." Bloomington: A Cultural Crossroad. Accessed on 7 August 2005.