Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
The Indiana Room is a seperate room at the Monroe County Public Library that is open to the public and contains a large amount of information on local and state history as well as geneological data. It is located on the second floor of the library in the south-west corner.
Local information available
- Lots of books about Bloomington and the rest of the state, divided up by county.
- Books on Genealogy.
- Newspapers on microfiche/microfilm
- Telephone books
- Bloomington City directories going back to 1900.
- Aerial photographs of Monroe County.
- Maps going back to 1820.
- Fire insurance maps with diagrams of buildings going back to 1883.
- Public displays, photographs and artifacts.
Newspapers available on microfilm
This is a nearly complete list of the newspapers that are available on microfilm
- The Bedford Daily Democrat - 1922-1924
- The Bedford Daily Mail - 1929
- The Bedford Daily Times - 1925-1928
- The Bloomfield News - 1901
- The Bloomington Courier - 1876
- The Bloomington Daily Telephone - 1899, 1942
- The Bloomington Evening World - 1905, 1914, 1918, 1942
- The Bloomington Indiana World - 1896
- The Bloomington newsletter - 1855, 1856
- The Bloomington Post - 1840
- The Bloomington Republican - 1862
- The Bloomington World - 1894, 1896, 1909
- The Columbus Herald - 1885
- The Crawford County Democrat - 1826
- The Ellettsville Farm - 1932
- The Indiana Daily Student - 1934
- The Indiana Times - 1917
- The Indianapolis News - 1917
- The Medora Review - 1910
- The Mitchell Tribune - 1925, 1933, 1939
- The National Farm - 1928
- The New York Ledger - 1874, 1869
- The Optimist - 1923-1924
- Owen County Journal - 1904
- Owen County People - 1879-1881
- The Philadelphia Public Ledger - 1836
- The Religious Times - 1854
- The Republic Bicentennaial Scrapbook - July 2nd, 1976
- The Republican Progress - 1877
- The Seymour Republican - 1903, 1916
- The Telephone (Bloomington) - 1878, 1931
- The Weekly Telephone (Bloomington) - 1880