Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
August 31st, 2005 (Wednesday)
- Another nice day in Bloomington. Gasoline prices went up as high as 3.19/gallon.
August 30th, 2005 (Tuesday)
- [Hurricane Katrina] pushes heavy rain up through Bloomington and the rest of southern Indiana. It rained all day and night.
August 29th, 2005 (Monday)
- First day of classes at Indiana University.
August 27th, 2005 (Saturday)
- A small but intense thunderstorm sweeps through Monroe County in the late afternoon.
August 24th, 2005 (Wednesday)
- Move in starts at IU. The population of Bloomington increases by about 40,000 people.
- Bloomingpedia has been live for one month and already has 89 articles, 11 users and 539 page edits.
August 17th, 2005 (Wednesday)
- Over 140 people gather with candles for a Peace Vigil from 7:30pm to 8:30pm.
August 13th, 2005 (Saturday)
- Major thunderstorms hit the Bloomington area starting around 7:30pm.
August 8th, 2005 (Monday)
- Indiana University's Bloomington campus is chosen as home for historic issues of the Indianapolis News dating back to 1869.
August 7th, 2005 (Sunday)
- Pete F. Chitwood, 40, drowned in a Bloomington rock quarry.
August 5th, 2005 (Friday)
- The body of Carl Edward Runyon, was found hanging from a jungle gym in Bryan Park Friday night. He was a 37-year old man from Spencer.
August 4th, 2005 (Thursday)
- Reports start to surface of vandalism to three churches in Bloomington, where people painted swastikas on Trinity Episcopal Church, Apostolic Bible Church and Light House Community Church over the past month.
- Oliver Winery of Bloomington, Indiana was awarded the Indiana Governor’s Cup and 21 total medals for its wines at the Indy International wine competition held at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
August 3rd, 2005 (Wednesday)
- Cook Group names Chuck Franz as vice president-chief informational officer for Cook Group and Pete Yonkman as president of Cook Urological Inc.
August 2nd, 2005 (Tuesday)
August 1st, 2005 (Monday)
- The body of Timothy Browning, 21, of Oolitic was found in Lake Monroe by divers who had been searching for his body for three days.
- New street dividers were layout on the 3rd Street. Everyone is getting ready for students.