Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.

Templeton Elementary

From Bloomingpedia
1400 Brenda Lane
Bloomington, IN 47401

Templeton was renamed from Hillside Elementary in 1961 after educator Frank Templeton.

The playground and fields are open to the public, outside of school hours every day.

Cathy Diersing was principal from 1995 through 2005. She was replaced by Cheryl Smith, who resigned in 2009. Mike Shipman was named principal for the 2009-2010 school year. Krista Nelson replaced him, but resigned in 2013.

In the 1990 redistricting, the Sherwood Estates development just north of Rhorer Road was moved from Templeton to Childs Elementary, while a Hillside Drive/Miller Drive area moved from Binford Elementary to Templeton.

In 1997 students in the area bounded by First, Grimes, Henderson and Morton streets were moved to Templeton, while students in Basswood Park moved from Templeton to Highland Park Elementary.

The Templeton playground is possibly the oldest in the city, and considered to have outdated (and possibly unsafe) equipment. A renovation plan has been approved, but is on hold pending more money as of 2009. The community has joined in a fundraising effort aiming for about $65,000.

External links